The Fully Funded- TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2022 has opened the application. In collaboration with UNESCO and a number of centers of excellence in the South, TWAS has instituted a Joint Associateship Scheme to enable competent researchers from the South to visit these centers regularly. For research collaboration, an associate is appointed for three years during which he/she can visit the center. There are almost 300 centers selected to participate in the Scheme.
Financial Benefits from Fully Funded- TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2022
- The Associateship covers the associate’s travel expenses and a monthly contribution of USD300 towards incidental local expenses.
- The host center covers accommodation and food and provides research facilities.
Eligibility for Fully Funded- TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2022
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree. The selection of associates is highly competitive; appointments are made on the basis of merit.
- Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants need to upload the following documentation:
- scanned copy of the applicant’s passport, even if expired (page with applicant’s name and surname);
- supporting statement from Head of Home Institution;
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages);
- the applicant’s full list of publications;
- PhD certificate;
- two letters of recommendation by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country;
- a recent invitation letter – on the host institution’s letterhead paper – from one of the Institutions listed in the files available here. It should contain the proposed time of the visits (two to three months for each visit) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. It should be made evident that the applicant and the proposed host have been in contact regarding the scientific work to be done during the visit and that the conditions for conducting the work have been agreed upon in terms of the timing of the visit and the facilities available.