Many International Students chose Germany for Free Education. This is important to know about that How to Get a Student Visa For Germany in 2022. In this article, we will cover step-by-step details on how to apply for a german student visa. If you are coming from an EU/EEA country, You won’t need a German student visa. But if you are coming from non-EU/EEA country and wish to pursue a long-term degree in Germany like Bachelor, Master, or PhD Program then you must follow the steps to obtain a German student visa.
Nothing is that much difficult if you follow the steps and take guidance. If you are a foreigner living outside Germany and you have got admission to Study in any German Institute like a recognized institution, University of Applied Sciences, College of Arts and Music, or other Similarly recognized Higher Education Institution, you may apply for a German Student Visa.
Germany is a place to be when it comes to the quality of higher education. An admission letter from a German University is a must. Without that, you can not apply for a Germany Student Visa. Many students do not need a student visa to study in Germany but just need a residence permit. If you do need a visa, be sure to apply as early as possible. So here you can find the step-by-step and complete information on How to Get a Student Visa for Germany.
Topic covered in Scholarship Info Section
How to Get a Student Visa For Germany in 2022
Applicants within the European Union (including Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, and Liechtenstein): You Don’t Need a German Student Visa
Applicants from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Japan, South Korea: You do not need a Student visa to study in Germany. However, you will need to register at the local Residents’ Registration Office and the Aliens’ Registration Office (Ausländeramt) to obtain a residence permit.
Applicants from Andorra, Brazil, El Salvador, Honduras, Monaco, San Marino, or Taiwan: If you are from any of these countries, you will only need a German student visa if you plan to work before or after your degree.
Applicants from the rest of the world: Follow the steps below on how to apply for a German student visa
1. Get Admission Letter From German University
After being accepted at a German university, you’ll get an acceptance letter needed for the visa operation. Then are many universities we recommend in Germany.
- RWTH Aachen University
- IU International University of Applied Lores
- University of Bonn
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology ( Tackle)
- University of Cologne
2. Find which Visa is needed for your Case
There are three main types of Student visas for Germany.
1) Student Applicant Visa:
This is a document that you will need to enter in Germany if you have not been admitted to a university yet. This Visa is typically for 6 Months.
2) Student Visa:
You can enter Germany through a Visa for study purposes. This Visa is valid for 3 months. If you have been accepted to a German degree program or a foundation course. After the original 3 months, you need to apply for a hearthstone permit to continue your studies. This Student Visa is the most popular type of visa in Germany.
3) Language Course Visa
If you want to take German language classes in Germany. This sort of visa is valid for 1 year.
When You Should Apply for the German Student Visa?
- Apply for a Visa at the German Embassy or consulate in your country. Check the available dates on the website of the German Embassy in your home country and schedule an appointment for Visa Interview.
- It is advised to apply for at least three months before your appearance in Germany.
The Documents you typically need are:
- Completed application form
- Valid passport
- Two photographs
- Letter showing you’ve been accepted by a German university
- Transcript of academic record
- Certificate of German language proficiency or proof that you intend on attending a language course in Germany (if studying in German)
- When applying for a student visa to Germany, the sum necessary by the German Embassy/Consulate to be put into the blocked bank account is €10,510 as of 2022. (If you are a scholarship holder, then you don’t need to open a block account)
- A certificate showing you’ve purchased health insurance
- Declaration of the authenticity of documents submitted.
- English Language Proficiency (Minimum 5.5 in each module and 6.5 overall.)
How to Apply for a German Student Visa?
You will have to apply for the appropriate German Study VISA at the Embassy or Consulate of Germany. Just Write in Google like this (Embassy of Germany in *Your Country Name*). And all the Information about Student Visa for Germany will be available on the German Embassy Website for Your Country.