A skilled worker is someone with special skill, training, knowledge, and (usually acquired) ability in their work. He or she may have attended a college, university or technical school. It may also be that a skilled worker may have learned their skills on the job, making them highly experienced in that field. With the USA Skilled Worker visa, workers can go to the US to stay permanently and work without having to obtain an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
In order to qualify for an EB3 visa, a foreign worker must prove the following: That they have a valid and permanent job offer from a US employer. That they have the qualifications to meet the job description in terms of the level of education and job experience. This type of American visa is limited in the number of visas issued per year.
See Also: UK Skilled Worker Visa 2023: Requirements and Benefits
USA Skilled Worker Visa (EB3 Visa) | DETAILS
The Skilled Worker Visa USA (EB3 visa) belongs to the Third Priority Worker visa that allows three types of workers to go to the US and work there permanently. These categories of workers include:
- Skilled workers: Those who have completed at least 2 years of job experience or training.
- Professionals: Those who can prove that they have a higher educational degree or its equivalent such as a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Unskilled workers: These are persons with less than 2 years of work experience or training. Unskilled workers get the EW-3 visa as explained in the article.
USA Skilled Visa Requirements
Applicants who are interested in applying for the US Visa must meet the following USA Skilled Visa requirements:
- Applicants must provide proof that they have a valid and permanent job offer from a US employer.
- They must possess the qualifications required for the job description in terms of the level of education and job experience.
- The employer must show that they are financially stable to pay the foreign worker and can afford to sponsor the worker
Benefits of the US Skilled Worker Visa
- The foreign worker can move to the United States, live there permanently and work without having to obtain an EAD.
- After a few years at the same job, they can also switch employers and job positions.
- They can get the Green Card.
- They are allowed to travel within and outside the United States of America, and also reside in a state different from the one they first moved to.
Cost of the US Visa (EB3 visa fees)
There are certain fees which both the US employer and the foreign worker must pay for the EB3 visa. Your employer and the applicant will have to pay the following fees:
- DOL Labor Certification fee (employer)
- USCIS Form I-140 petition filing fee (employer)
- Form DS-261 processing fee (employee)
- Medical examination fees (employee)
- Fees to obtain supporting documents (employee)
- Any translation fees from foreign language to English (employee)
Equally, Check: Government of Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program for Foreigners 2023/24
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the USA Skilled Worker Visa are to follow the steps outlined below to submit their application. The application have multiple steps which involve both the employer and the foreign employee. The application process for an EB3 visa has two parts:
- The US employer obtains labor certification and files the necessary petitions
- If approved, the foreign employee then applies for the EW-3 visa at a US Embassy in their home country.
The documents required for an EB3 visa application are the following:
- Your passport which must be valid for more than 6 months after your intended departure to the United States
- Your employment offer from the US employer
- The approved labor certification
- The approved petition
- Your DS-261 confirmation page
- Your signed medical and vaccine documents
- Two photographs meeting the US Visa Photo Requirements
- Academic achievements (diplomas and certificates)
- Your CV or resume
- Court and criminal records
- Depending on the case, the National Visa Center (NVC) might require other supporting documents, so you must follow their instructions carefully.