The application period for the University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan 2022 is now open. Tokyo University is Japan’s National University that provides fully funded scholarships for Masters and Ph.D. degree programs. IELTS/TOEFL, as well as knowledge of the Japanese language, are not required. Tokyo University is ranked first in Japan and 24th in the world. Tokyo University is Japan’s first and only public university. This Scholarship will pay all of your expenses.
There is no requirement to submit or take the IELTS or TOEFL examinations. At Tokyo University, you can study without taking the IELTS exam. The MEXT Japanese Government is funding the Scholarship. Participants from any country are welcome to apply. Japan is one of the most popular foreign student destinations, with over 150,000 international students.
The country is consistently ranked in the top ten in the world for education. The Japanese government also offers the most scholarships each year. The University of Tokyo provides a wide range of academic programs. High educational standards, a secure and pleasant learning environment, low tuition rates, and substantial subsidies. Below you can find all of the details for the University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan 2022.
Details of the University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan
- Offering Country: Japan
- Offering University: University of Tokyo
- Course Level: Masters & Doctoral (Ph.D.)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: October 29, 2021
Tokyo Scholarship Period
Master’s Degree Program: October 20, 2022 – September 20, 2024 (2 Years)
Doctoral Program runs from October 2022 until September 2025. (3 Years)
MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship at the University of Tokyo in Japan is a fully-funded scholarship for overseas students that will cover most of the student’s expenditures.
- Full tuition and entrance fees are waived.
- Monthly Allowance: 144,000 Yen per month (for a Master’s Program student).
- Per month stipend 145,000 Yen for (Doctoral Program).
- Students pursuing study or research in specific country locations may be eligible for an extra monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 Yen.
- Tuition Fee: The enrollment and full tuition fees will be waived.
- Cost of Travel: Round-trip Airfare Travel tickets to and from Japan will be provided.
Criteria for Eligibility
- International students from any country with diplomatic ties with Japan are welcome.
- Candidates must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Applicants must apply for the same or a comparable subject of study they studied at their prior university.
Applicants must have a strong command of the English language.
Has an English proficiency test result of B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale (e.g., TOEFL iBT 72 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above).
Students whose language institution was in English are excused from the language test if they provide an English Proficiency Certificate from their university.
The deadline for applying for the University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan 2022 – MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is October 29, 2021, for September 2022 enrollment.
How to Apply: The application is made online. Apply for a scholarship at the University of Tokyo. To apply, please go to the University of Tokyo’s official website.